Sponsored by Women of Hopkins Affinity
How you show up online matters—whether it’s on Instagram or during your weekly team meeting. Our presence impacts how we build trust, deepen our connection with others, and decide to take action or engage offline.
How can we present ourselves, and communicate, more thoughtfully, effectively, and powerfully online?
Join us for a special, interactive workshop, Rethink Influencing Online, led by Monica Kang, JHU SAIS '13, of InnovatorsBox on April 7, 2021 at 3:00 - 4:00 pm EST.
During the workshop you’ll learn how to position yourself online more authentically and thoughtfully. Together we’ll explore:
● How to increase your awareness of how you speak via email, in meetings and on social media?
● How to use all the digital tools and manage email and pings without feeling stressed and exhausted?
● How to rethink your online style in order to influence others in a more positive, thoughtful, and empowering way?
Being able to lead and participate online—skillfully and with empathy—is critical to succeeding in the remote workplace.
During our 60 minute live and interactive workshop, you’ll learn how to:
● Communicate online more effectively and authentically
● Manage time, energy levels & the temptation to multi-task
● Use social media and online engagement to foster positivity
● Ask for, receive & incorporate feedback in a positive and productive way
Meet Our Speaker
Monica Kang, SAIS'13
Monica Kang is a creative educator who is transforming today’s workforce through the power of creativity. As the Founder and CEO of InnovatorsBox®, Monica teaches creativity in a tangible, practical, and relatable way regardless of industry or job title. She has worked with clients worldwide including Fortune 500 companies, higher education, government, and nonprofits. Monica’s work has been awarded across numerous platforms, including The White House, Ashoka Changemakers, National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), and Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). She is also the author of Rethink Creativity: How to Innovate, Inspire, and Thrive at Work. Driven by her lifelong love of knowledge, she is also an adjunct professor at BAU International University where she teaches entrepreneurship and leadership. Prior to InnovatorsBox®, Monica was a nuclear nonproliferation policy expert in international affairs. She holds an M.A. from SAIS Johns Hopkins University in Strategic Studies and International Economics and a B.A. from Boston University.
Seats are limited. Act NOW!
April 7, 2021 at 3:00 - 4:00 pm EST | RSVP NOW (login info will be sent one week prior to the event). We’ll see you there!