Sponsored by Johns Hopkins Alumni Association
Join fellow alumni and friends for a JHU foodie experience! Foraged is a new take on farm-to-table where each item on the menu is comprised of local and seasonal ingredients. The concept is true to Chef Chris Amendola's ethos in the kitchen, one that is deeply rooted in the woods. This year, Chef Amendola was nominated for the prestigious James Beard Award, for best mid-Atlantic chef. We'll begin the evening with shared starters for the table, including their sourdough focaccia. The 3-course dinner will be paired with drinks created using spirits (rum, bourbon and more) from local distillery, Covalent Spirits, owned by alums Jennifer Yang, A&S '07 and husband Andrew Cockley, Ed '17.
- To Share for the Table:
- Drew's Sourdough Focaccia w/ whipped fall spice butter
- MD-Style "Crab Cake", lion's mane mushrooms, sauce remoulade
- Cornmeal Fried Happy Oyster, sauce remoulade
- Kool Ranch Pig Ears, house pickles, sauce gribiche
- First Course:
- Roasted Beet Salad, apple, arugula, herb goat cheese, lemon vinaigrette, walnuts
- Second Course:
- Grilled Short Rib, potato, sweet pepper aioli, roasted ciopollini onion, beef jus
- Third Course:
- Paw Paw Pudding, sugar cookie crumble, walnuts, whipped cream
Registration will cover the full cost of the meal and all drinks. Due to limited capacity, registrants will be allowed up to 3 guests (for a total of 4 people).
A portion of this registration fee will serve as a donation in support of future programming and events. If you wish to not have a portion of your registration support such initiatives, you may contact the Office of Annual Giving: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While participating in off-campus events and meetings sponsored by the JHAA/JHM/JHHS participants must follow all public health guidelines mandated by the local jurisdiction and venue at the time of the event, including vaccination and masking and distancing guidance. Johns Hopkins strongly suggests that attendees who join in person be fully vaccinated. This is subject to change.
JHAA Event Cancellation and Refund Policy